Monday 17 September 2007

Seeing a film in the company of a celebrity

Last night we dropped in to the Rich Mix cinema in Bethnal Green to see 3:10 to Yuma and found ourselves on the same row as a dapper-looking Ralph Fiennes. He signed an autograph for someone but we decided to stay a bit clear, even though our seats would have put us practically on top of him, had we adhered to the seating position.

This reminds me of my only other 'brush with fame', which was going to the Carnaveron Castle (now thankfully no more) to see brilliantly named Toxic Slut and then talking to a guy who I thought of as being like Mark Lamarr but not nearly as loud and irritating, and his girlfriend. We discussed Highgate cemetary for a few minutes before I took off. Subsequently I was informed that this was in fact Mark Lamarr and the blonde girl with him was Jo Guest. Ever boring, that's me.

No comments: