Wednesday 10 October 2007

I Think I Want Monothematic Albums Now

The new Radiohead album has been released and I have it in my virtual hands. It's not really what I expected mainly because I assumed 'The Eraser' was produced to allow Thom Yorke to do one sort of song and Radiohead to do another, but this sounds almost exactly the same to my ears, but with a bit more 'real' instrumentation.

I listened to Hail to the Thief last night in anticipation and I'd forgotten how a lot of it sounded and it wasn't that far from The Eraser in its own way, but while I'm enjoying a lot of 'In Rainbows' I've realised that I really like albums now that hit one style and pretty much grind it into your brain.

The first two tracks are fast and pounding and then (as in fact is true of most Radiohead albums) the third track is sort of slow and lazy and the second time I started it up I realised I really wasn't that bothered about any of the 'slowies'. Anyway, I'm slowly soaking it up and getting into it but it takes a bit of a gear change I think.

No comments: